Research has finally proven what we have wanted to hear for years. It isn’t junk food that makes you fat or laying on the couch or the lack of exercise-no it is a virus?
Researchers are claiming that a virus is the cause of obesity. Dr. Magdalena Pasarica, M.D., Ph.D., of the Pennington Biomedical Research Center has an explanation as to why obesity affects many people worldwide. She said it’s a contagious virus called human adenovirus or Ad-36.
Apparently AD-36 induces storage fat. She does say that they do not believe the virus is the only cause of obesity, but studies show stronger evidence that the virus could be the cause.
Studies are still being completed since not all people with the virus develop obesity. “We would ultimately like to identify the underlying factors that predispose some obese people to develop this virus and eventually find a way to treat it," Pasarica said.
The research was conducted by obtaining adult stem cells from fat tissue of people who had undergone liposuction. Stem cells are a type of master cell that exist in an immature form and give rise to more specialized cells.
After about a week of growth in tissue culture, most of the virus-infected adult stem cells developed into fat cells, whereas the non-infected stem cells did not, the researchers say.
Previous studies have shown AD-36 increased fat in chickens, mice and other nonhuman animals.
It is said that the virus then tells the cells to produce a lot of lipids, or fats. The result: bigger fat cells — and more of them. Those infected with the virus are advised to double their exercise and dieting efforts.
So I am thinking it had to come from that little boy I kissed on the playground in kindergarten. It was downhill from there. Well what is done is done. I guess I will die an infected obese person. . . now where did I put those potato chips?
Click Here For Your Health
- Is Your Weight Loss Over 40 Out Of Control?
- The #1 Reason Weight Loss Efforts Fail
- Weight Loss Surgeries Are Not A Cure . . . But A T...
- A Virus Made Me Fat?
- How Fit Are You Really? - Tests And Measures To Fi...
- Weight Loss Over 40 On Buck Rogers Surgery Videos
- How To Increase Your Muscle Strength Fast
- Wave Those Extra Pounds Hello
- Low Glycemic Foods And Pot Bellies Go Together Lik...
- Caveman Perfect Weight Loss Program
- How To Lose Weight Like The Competitors In Fat Mar...
- Weight Loss Over 40 Is Your Community
- My Most Important Self Portrait
- Top Weight Loss Tips
- Weight Loss Over 40 Is A Group Effort
- Green Tea: Weight Loss Is Just One Of Its Benefits...
- Boost Metabolism - 4 Dynamite Keys to Ignite Your ...
- List Of Health Problems Because Of Obesity
- World Class Nutrition Bodybuilding Supplements
- How Old Is To Old To Stay In Shape
- The Answer To "What Makes Us Fat"
- What Makes Us Fat
- Resistance Exercise in Older Adults
- How to Use a BMI Weight Loss Calculator
- If Diets and Weight Loss Programs Leave You Cold -...
- The Great Overweight and Obesity Pandemic by Col...
- ▼ August (26)