Weight Loss Over 40 Plus

Weight Loss Over 40 Plus

Thursday, July 5, 2007

My First Bike Ride So Many Years Ago

I remember when I was a kid riding my bike in the neighborhood. That sense of freedom to go any where my bike could take me, only one thing stood in my way, Mom. She would say I was to young to go out of the neighborhood, to stay within the housing tract.

My feeling of adventure was to strong so I kept pushing her to let me explore the world outside our neighborhood. After a lot of promises…sweet talk(aka kissing up) she finally said yes, with one requirement, my older cousin was to go along with me. My answer was a BIG YES.

I remember the days leading up to my first big riding adventure. Faith must have been working because I was at a service station by our house with my mom, where we met a family from out of town. They were filling up their car to return home.

The dad mentioned that they just left Disneyland and had some tickets that they did not use. He asked my mom if it would be okay to give them to me. I can hardly control myself and act cool. The greatest mom in the whole world said she saw no problem with it. My mind is now racing with thoughts of planning my big biking adventure to D-I-S-N-E-Y-L-A-N-D!!!!!.

This little story explains why biking is still a big part of my Fitness Program. Even at my age today, that young boy lives within me with that sense of adventure. I do not ride in competition. My riding is strictly pleasure and exploring. Add something to your workouts that you enjoyed as a kid growing up. My riding is a workout that look forward to not hate or avoid doing.

Ride over to My Website

You have permission to reprint this Article in it's entirety in your newsletters or blogs. Also please feel free to pass it along to others who you think would enjoy it. Please keep all links active and working.

My Website

Side Note: Ride over to my Website

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.

Blog Archive

Weight Loss Over 40 Plus